Petz shares are traded on B3 S.A. – Brasil, Bolsa, Balcão under the ticker “PETZ3”, listed in the Novo Mercado segment, the highest level of corporate governance. You can monitor the price of Petz shares on the Company’s Investor Relations website or on B3’s website.
All Petz’s shares are common shares and guarantee their holders the following rights:
- Each common share gives the right to one vote in the resolutions of the Company’s General Shareholders’ Meetings,whose resolutions will be taken pursuant to applicable legislation; and
- Shareholders have the right to a non-cumulative annual dividend of at least twenty-percent (25%) of the net income for the year, as per article 2020 of Brazilian Corporation Law. All other rights are assured to the shares, pursuant to the Novo Mercado Listing Regulation, the Company’s Bylaws and the Brazilian Corporation Law.
Corporate Governance is the set of practices that aim to optimize a company’s performance by protecting all stakeholders, such as investors, employees and creditors, facilitating access to capital. Corporate Governance practices applied to the capital market mainly involve: transparency, equal shareholder treatment and accountability, contributing to the company’s perpetuity.
The Novo Mercado is a special segment of the B3 stock market, exclusively for companies that meet minimum requirements and accept the differentiated “Corporate Governance” rules. The items below summarize the key points that characterize the Novo Mercado and are applicable to the Company:
- Share capital divided exclusively in common shares;
- Shares that represent at least 25% of the Company’s share capital must float in the market.
- The Board of Directors shall have at least five members, of whom at least 2, or 20%, must be independent directors, all with a unified term of office of a maximum of two years, with reelection being permitted;
- A Board of Directors with at least five members, of which, at least, 20% must be independent directors, all with a unified mandate of a maximum of two years, with reelection being permitted;
- Mandatory disclosure of the financial statements, accompanied by the management report, or comment on performance, and the independent auditors’ opinion, or special review report, translated into English;
- The corporate events calendar with events scheduled for the upcoming calendar year must be released by December 10 of every year;
- The withdrawal from the Novo Mercado, as well as the cancellation of registration as a publicly-held company, are subject to a public offering, in which the controlling shareholder or the Company, as the case may be, must acquire the other shares issued by the Company according to the economic value of the shares, as determined in an appraisal report to be prepared by a specialized institution or firm; and
- Adhesion by the Company, its controlling shareholders, other shareholders, administrators and members of the Fiscal Council, to the B3 Market Arbitration Chamber.
Before looking for a Securities Broker, we suggest that investors study the subject through the Bovespa website. The better informed you are on the conditions of the company you are going to invest in, its operations and business risks, the better the investment will be. The São Paulo Stock Exchange (B3) prepared a course on shares in order to contribute to beginner investors’ learning.
Click on the link below and check it out:
Online and classroom courses
Afterwards, the next step is to look for a Securities Broker, which has professionals focused on market analysis, sectors and companies, who can support your decision-making process for the purchase and sale of certain shares. To that end, investors must be clients of a B3 licensed brokerage company equipped with a home broker system, which allows trading stocks on the Internet.
Petz IR Contacts
Rua Doutor Miguel Paulo Capalbo, 135 – Pari – São Paulo
Petz operates under two store models: Experience Stores and Convenience Stores. Experience Stores operate under our standard format, with an average area of approximately 1,000 square meters, and focuses on a shopping experience that provides entertainment for pets and greater connection with its tutor, offering a wide range of products, in addition to veterinary, hygiene and aesthetics services and adoption centers. Convenience Store operates with an average area of approximately 500 square meters, with an optimized assortment of products, specializing in dogs and cats, offering limited services but at convenient customer location
Digital Sales includes all sales originating on Petz’s website and App, in addition to sales on marketplaces and partner super apps
The Petz Omnichannel Index considers Omnichannel Sales (store pick-up and store shipment, which are digital sales shipped from the physical store), as a % of Digital Sales.
Due to our integrated strategy between physical and digital channels, our SSS calculation methodology includes: (a) Sales of physical stores (over 12 months), regardless if they are for products or services, (b) Omnichannel sales (store pick-up store and store shipment (over 12 months) and (c) E-commerce sales (products shipped directly from distribution centers to the end consumer).
Pick-up store: Modality by which we provide the withdrawal in any of our physical stores of products purchased on our website or through our application;
Ship-from-store: Purchase method whereby the customer chooses to receive the product at home, and it leaves any of our physical stores, after purchasing through our website and application or partner platforms.
The majority of the states where we operate adopt an ICMS (ICMS-ST) tax substitution regime: our suppliers pay the tax in advance and transfer such amount to the acquisition price of the goods.